In the table below you can find the possible investing strategies for 2019 for the stocks listed on the Dow Jones 30. It is updated to November 16, 2018.
The criteria used to choose each strategy are the following:
- Value investing: margins and ratios based on financial statements data as well as market multiples such as P/E (not adjusted) and P/Sales ratios.
- Growth investing: the trend and the average growth of revenue and EPS (not adjusted) over the last 3 years.
- Dividend investing: dividend yield.
- Swing trading: companies’ stock price volatility over the last 6 months.
- Day trading: companies’ stock price volatility over the last month.
Dow Jones performance
As you can see from the chart below, the Dow Jones has outperformend the S&P 500 but underperformed the Nasdaq 100 over the last 3 years.
Disclaimer: the content of this page doesn’t represent financial advice.
What do you think about the Dow Jones future? Let me know in the comment section below.
Check out my book: A Beginners’ Guide to Stock Investing.
Source of the price, the P/E ratio and the dividend yield: Investing.com.